USA Doll retail store Mint on Card is closing. The company has posted a notice on their website under the news section and on their Facebook page.
From the company:
Hello everyone, we have some news to share with you. After months of discussion Jim and I have decided to end Mint on Card. There are many reasons why we have chosen to close, but ultimately we decided to get out of the doll business so that we can focus on our vacation rentals. For those of you who do not know, we have been slowly renovation the MoC building, adding vacation rentals to it. As of right now we have 5 units, and they keep us busy during the warm months. We are going to miss the BJD business, but we feel like it’s a good time to move towards something else. Now…..we know you all will have questions, so we are going to try to preemptively answer them below. 🙂
1. We are still communicating with companies that we need items from. So if you are waiting on something that you pre-ordered we do still plan on getting it! 🙂
2. We do not have an official close date yet. We are hoping to be closed sometime in late summer/early fall.
3. We are still accepting layaway orders, however this will soon end. The last day we will accept layaway orders is February 15th.
4. Munie points can still be spent, but they can no longer be earned.
5. Store display dolls are now available for purchase. More dolls will be added in the following weeks.
6. We do still plan on offering HaoQi Bags this year. Right now we will likely make them available in mid March.
7. Items will go on sale the closer we get to summer. We will announce here on FB when we have added new markdowns.
As we approach our 11th anniversary we want to thank you all for your business and support. We love this hobby and hope that it continues to bring all of you joy. We hope that you’ll stick with us in our final months to see if we can help you get new BJD treasures at a reduced price.